Friday, November 24, 2006

I love global warming

We're having a heat wave here in the North Star state, and I'm enjoying every minute of it. My family's Thanksgiving traditions - skating, broomball, ice fishing, maybe even cross country skiing - were usurped by activities more common in Tennessee or Arkansas this time of year. This afternoon, my husband and I played 9 holes of golf with my dad. The guys played well: Dad shot a 46 and my husband shot 43. I, on the other hand, was plagued by the rust on my golf clubs and struggled for five holes but finished the round on a strong note. As delightful as it was to play golf in Minnesota the day after Thanksgiving, it was a sad occasion, too. Not only is this likely the last time I golf with Dad this year, it may well be the last time I golf with him ever. After our round of golf, we built a campfire on the beach at my parent’s house and had a picnic. My two year old niece wanted was undeterred by the ice covering the lake and wanted to go for a swim. I have never seen the lake level so low. They are having a serious drought up there.

No comments: